DON’T LET SQUIRRELS NEST IN YOUR SAN ANTONIO HOME—REMOVE THEM
Squirrel infestations in San Antonio occur most frequently in the chillier months during the late fall, winter and early spring. Squirrels are cute and fun to watch in a park or on your front lawn. However, they are wild animals, and nothing makes this more clear than when you have some of these terrible housemates living in your attic where they can wreak havoc on your home. They chew through electrical wiring, damage aluminum ductwork and gnaw through roof beams. Squirrels are the least invasive of the rodent species to humans. It is once their habitat has been reduced and the population experiences an explosion that problems arise. The competition for nesting space pushes them into private residences.
Squirrels also cause visible damage to vents, soffits and fascia (the horizontal band under a roof edge). Anytime you see heavy chew marks on the wooden trim of a house, you should be suspicious of a squirrel infestation. Squirrel incisors, as with all rodents, never stop growing, which is why they are constantly chewing on tough materials to file down their front teeth. Squirrels also set up latrines a short distance from their nests so the urination and feces are typically contained to a specific spot.
Squirrels are highly territorial and difficult to remove. As a part of the rodent family, they have impressively sharp incisors that can chew through just about anything, from roof shingles to wood decking. It is not enough to remove these pests from the premises, you must also be sure there is no possible place for re-entry anywhere around the home. When you can an Omega Animal Removal Specialist for a consultation, we will perform our 4-step process to a squirrel free home that is guaranteed to last a lifetime.
SIGNS OF A SQUIRREL INFESTATION
Call Omega Animal Removal if you see any of the following:
- Fighting squirrels on or near your property can frequently indicate a local overpopulation problem
- Divots in your backyard and plants half eaten indicate foraging for food
- Noises such as scratching and a light thumping can indicate squirrels running and tumbling around in your attic, typically at dawn and dusk, though occasionally throughout the daytime
- Droppings about the size of a pen point—similar to other rodents and difficult to distinguish
HOW OMEGA ANIMAL REMOVAL CAN HELP WITH SQUIRREL REMOVAL
Omega Animal Removal’s 4-step process is the most competitive on the market price, both in terms of cost efficiency and permanence. Our in-depth understanding of squirrel behavior leads us to be supremely confident in our ability to track, trap, rid and preclude you from past and future squirrel infestations. So certain are we of these methods, we provide a Lifetime Guarantee unheard of in the industry. Our process begins with:
- Evaluating the scope of the problem and inspecting the exterior and interior of the home
- Trapping and removing all squirrels
- Exclusion of possible re-entry by closing off all holes and cracks around cables and air-conditioning vents, and occasionally cutting back branches to keep squirrels from jumping onto your roof from nearby trees, up to 8 or 10 feet away
- Decontamination of the entire attic and wall space using our advanced fogging technique to sanitize insulation and clean all spaces touched by the infestation
Call Omega Animal Removal today for an evaluation before the problem becomes unbearable.